OUTGOING STUDENTS OF BNCA – WELCOME!
Reasons for Exchange
To get an international exposure for at least a window period of six months while pursuing one’s undergrad or graduate level studies.
To be able to take courses not available in BNCA at the present.
To experience a different learning environment, to master a new language or technology & immerse oneself in understanding foreign cultures.
To improve one’s career prospects and learn to be thoughtfully independent.
When should I start planning?
Planning to go on exchange should begin as early as your second year of B.Arch or first year of Master’s education at BNCA. It will take approximately
9 months from the time you start planning, to the time you leave India for your exchange destination. To qualify for admission to some exchange programs and to take full advantage of the experience, you need to achieve certain minimum academic standards and have a very good academic portfolio. Careful planning will prepare you for your exchange as well as meet the requirements.
Eligibility: Some typical requirements. Specific requirements may vary
- Arch (Years 3, 4, 5) and M.Arch (Years 1, 2) students may be eligible to apply for exchange programs.
- Final year Term 2 students are NOT eligible to apply for exchange programs.
Applicants must be registered full-time B.Arch / M.Arch at the time of application and while on student exchange.
- Students should be in good academic standing and must NOT have any ‘Fail’ grades at the time of application.
- Applicants shall fulfill the language requirements set by the host universities.
- Have basic knowledge of the country or region where you intend to study
Duration – How long should I go for?
Exchange programs are available for one term or one academic year in special cases. You are encouraged to go for one Term.
Most University’s Student Exchange Programs do not have any foreign language requirement besides English except for some programs in Seoul & Bali
If you are a student applying to an Australian university, you must meet the English Language Test requirement (IELTS) for obtaining an Australian student visa
Current Partner Universities:
Please see BNCA – Outgoing – Student Exchange – Brochure – 2016
- Polytechnic University of Milan (Italy)
- Ontario Maharashtra Goa / Ontario India – OMG/OIN – Student Exchange Program – with several Universities (Canada)
- Canberra University (Australia)
- Sookmyung Women’s University (Seoul, Korea)
- Udayana University (Bali, Indonesia)
Required documents for application:
Subject to vary depending on the University you are applying to. In general the following documents can be kept ready
- Completed Application form (some cases ONLINE / printed form)
- SOP – Statement of Purpose
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with the list of courses in B.Arch.
- Academic Transcripts:
Arch students: Y1- to date;
M.Arch students: Bachelor’s degree & M.Arch: Y1- to date)
- Portfolio in hard and soft copies – A4 size
- Letters of Recommendation from atleast three faculty members who have taught you here at BNCA
- Passport size photo (colour)
- Any other supporting documents – Passport with a valid expiry date
INCOMING STUDENTS TO BNCA – WELCOME!
Please refer to the ‘ BNCA – Exc App – Incoming-INSTRUCTIONS’ and feel free to contact us for any queries.
Director, BNCA International Cell,
Dr.B.N College of Architecture
Karve Nagar, Pune , INDIA – 411052
Ph: 91 20 25474062, 91 20 25476966, Mob: 91 9604554611
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
RETURNED FROM ABROAD STUDENTS OF BNCA
We are eager to hear from you!
Kindly take sometime of your’s to give us your most valuable feedback that would benefit the next batch of students planning to go for a similar exchange. Please fill this form for us – BNCA – Returned Students Form